This page documents contributions to OpenAI Gym as of its launch, roughly ordered by time spent on the project.
- Greg Brockman: Greg directed the project, and did a large chunk of the engineering work.
- Jonas Schneider: Jonas did the other major chunk of the engineering work on Gym. He implemented a lot of the gnarly pieces, such as video recording.
- John Schulman: John wrote many of the Gym environments and the environment API. He was also a heavy internal user of OpenAI Gym, and provided direction and feedback on what to build (and just as importantly, what not to build).
- Wojciech Zaremba: The original vision for OpenAI Gym came from Wojciech. He also contributed key ideas at the right moments.
- Ludwig Pettersson: Ludwig designed the Gym site.
- Vicki Cheung: Vicki built the first versions of the Gym site and parts of the gym repository.
- Pam Vagata: Pam started the gym repository and designed the initial abstractions.
- Rocky Duan: Rocky wrote the mujoco-py library as well as some environments.
- Jonathan Ho: Jonathan wrote the pachi-py library and integrated Go into Gym.
Additional thanks go to: Peter Chen, Ian Goodfellow, Rein Houthooft, Andrej Karpathy, Ilya Sutskever, and Emo Todorov.